Two actors, one location, several bullets, a little blood.
Screenshot of the storyboarded script
(click the image to enlarge):
• Production Title: The Cheating Game
• Posted: July 12 2019
• The Cheating Game is a short thriller screenplay about a man cheating on his wife, who does a hookup with a beautiful woman at a deserted beach, a woman he met online. Unknown to him, she lures then kills men like him who are unfaithful– she is hired by their significant others being cheated on.
Click here to view the 3-page screenplay (PDF)
• Budget: $1,200. 3-page very short screenplay. All one location. (beach). Any $ paid is for the project not per diem. Randall Oelerich Films retains ownership and final say on edits, post, ownership as Studio. TALENT Female Protagonist $175, Male Lead $125, + experience + Imdb credit. DIRECTOR-CINEMATOGRAPHER $300 + experience + IMDb credit. SOUND RECORDIST $100 (use on camera mic and wireless lavaliers with Zoom H4N HD field audio recorder). PRODUCERS $0 Randall Oelerich $0 Director/Filmmaker. PRODUCTION ASSISTANT $100 + experience. EDITOR $125, plus Producer / Director. COMPOSER $0 + experience, Imdb credit; Randall Oelerich will compose music for the film. STORYBOARDING $100. WATER+SNACKS $25. BOX LUNCHES SUBWAY $50. ENTRY FEES FILMFREEWAY $50.
• Synopsis of project: This is a short film about a man cheating on his wife, who meets a beautiful woman at a deserted beach, a woman he met online. Unknown to him, her profession is to lure then kill men like him who are unfaithful to their women. Two actors, one location, several bullets, a little blood.
• Union / Non-Union Status: Non-Union
• Production Type: Short Film
• Project Length: 3 pages of screenplay
• Project Format: Digital DSLR 4k @24fps shoot, edit+render to 2k (blu ray) @24fps
• Production Location: Randall Oelerich, 4215 London Rd, Duluth MN 55804
• Production Companies: Randall Oelerich Films / BorealPictures.com
• Company website: BorealPictures.com
• Director-Cinematographer: (seeking a director-cinematographer)
• Composer: Randall Oelerich (examples of film music at randalloelerich.com)
• Producer: Randall Oelerich
• Casting Director: Randall Oelerich and the director
• Audition Location: (A public location yet to be determined, informal given this is a short short film– could even be by Skype if you are located in a city other than Duluth MN)
• Shooting Location: Brighton Beach, Duluth MN, -or- there is a secluded beach at 41st Ave East, Duluth MN that is right across the street from my house.
Gitcheegamee (Brighton) Beach, Duluth MN
Beach at 41st Ave East, Duluth MN:
• Email: See Contact Page
• Compensation: $175 for the role of OLIVIA, $125 for the role of CHRIS, for the project (up to 8 hours of time on location filming plus ADR– though hopefully it can be filmed over 4-6 hours), plus of course coffee and lunch(es). Normally actors work for free on short films for experience, but I am willing to pay for these roles as it will require both actors to have some experience on film/acting and have the eye candy to pull off the roles. Paying a little more for Olivia because she has more shots and thus will require more time on set location.
• Dates and Times of Film Auditions: To be determined. Could even be by Skype if you are located in a city other than Duluth MN.
• Dates and Times of Callbacks: TBD (I will usually let you know within a week if you are in the running or if I am passing because you are not right for the part.
• Synopsis of project: This is a short film about a man cheating on his wife, who meets a beautiful woman at a deserted beach, a woman he met online. Unknown to him, she lures then kills men like him who are unfaithful. Two actors, one location, several bullets, a little blood. The intent of this project is practice for all- actors, camera work, audio capture, editing, color grading, soundtrack composition, titles, end credits, with a goal of ending up with a quality short film well acted, well edited, well color graded, appropriate soundtrack, and more.
• Nudity: No nudity, however the female lead (Olivia) is expected to wear an unbuttoned long sleeve thin Henley shirt (click to see example), no bra underneath (she is after all a seductress, and a killer). PG-13 rating though, no nudity.
• Character breakdowns:
OLIVIA, 20s-30s, knock-out beautiful. Seductive eyes that can lure you in for a kiss, but then stare coldly through you as she puts a .45 caliber piece of lead into your heart, all without blinking.
CHRIS, late 20s or early 30s, handsome and masculine but not overly so. He’s in a relationship but has no qualms about being a player on the side if he finds another woman to his liking.
If you busy and do not feel comfortable communicating all the information below– then at least initially what I need is a recent headshot / selfie, current weight (lbs), age, height, and if you would be available for a day or possibly two mornings of filming for this short film (when that day is is highly flexible) in Duluth MN. Any information beyond that, at least initially, would be helpful but not mandatory. My initial decision will be somewhat superficial based on appearance and any acting experience / reel.
Information Needed for Initial Casting Application: (you can simply email the info listed below in an informal email or use the Contact page on this site)
WHY DO YOU WANT TO ACT IN THIS SHORT FILM?
PLEASE INCLUDE/ATTACH A RECENT HEADSHOT PHOTO IMAGE OR A SELFIE PHOTO IMAGE.
IMDB.COM url (if you have one):
ANY ACTING EXPERIENCE, OR CLASSES?:
YOUR ACTOR/ACTRESS UNION STATUS: (NON-UNION? SAG-AFTRA? FI-CORE? OTHER UNION? )