• Production Title: “Alone”
• Date Posted: 10 July 2019
• Screenplay:Click here to read the screenplay.
• Status: In development.
• Budget: $1,200. 4-page screenplay, two half days or one day of filming. TALENT Female Protagonist $125 + experience + Imdb credit. Female Voiceover $25 (Fiverr). STORYBOARDS $100. DIRECTOR-CINEMATOGRAPHER $300 + experience + IMDb credits (director, cinematographer, producer). SOUND $0 (on camera microphone plus wireless lavalier mic and Zoom H4N HD audio recorder). PRODUCERS $0 Randall Oelerich. PRODUCTION ASSISTANT $50 + experience. WARDROBE $50 (pajama bottoms, tank top). BOX LUNCHES SUBWAY $50. EDITOR $200, plus Producer / Director. VFX ARTIST $250 + experience + Imdb credit — phone texting bubble sms overlays, compositing with particle disintegration of Protagonist. COMPOSER $0 + experience, Imdb credit. ENTRY FEES FILMFREEWAY $50+.
• Synopsis of project: This is a supernatural thriller short film about a young woman who wakes and discovers the world is not as it seems, that she has been traumatized and can not understand why, but as she investigates a strange sound in the house her confusion unravels to become her greatest nightmare. One actor, one voice-over actor, a scary house. To be shot all indoors in a (my) house, so that means controlled weather, controlled house temperature (to make the actress comfortable), hot coffee, a bathroom, controlled lighting, controlled audio. This should be able to be filmed in a morning or an evening, but if needed over two mornings or two evenings to accommodate all involved.
• Union / Non-Union Status: Non-Union
• Production Type: Short Film
• Project Length: 4 pages of screenplay, one indoor location, one actor.
• Project Format: Digital DSLR 4k @24fps shoot, edit+render to 2k (blu ray) @24fps
• Production Location: Randall Oelerich, 4215 London Rd, Duluth MN 55804
• Studio / Producer / Production Companies: Randall Oelerich / BorealPictures.com (Randall Oelerich Films).
• Company website: BorealPictures.com
• Director-Cinematographer-Producer: Seeking director/cinematographer.
• Soundtrack Composer: Randall Oelerich (I plan to compose the soundtrack for this horror short film– examples of my film music composing can be found at randalloelerich.com)
Horror music cues I composed followed by cues from other film genres:
• Casting Director: Randall Oelerich and Director
• Audition Location: (A public location yet to be determined, informal given this is a short short film)
• Shooting Location: My two story house on London Rd, Duluth, unless another similar location that works for the story were to come up. You are free to bring a friend/chaperone and s/he could watch Netflix with my bluetooth headphones during filming, and there will be at least one other person besides me if filming in my house including a female production assistant (likely my friend and roommate Hannah Sorenson).
• Email: See Contact Page
• Actor Compensation: $125+ plus experience plus IMDb credit.
• Dates and Times of Film Auditions: To be determined.
• Dates of Filming: To be determined. Goal is to film before cold weather.
• Dates and Times of Callbacks: TBD (I will usually let you know within a week if you are ‘in the running’ or if I am passing because you are not right for the part).
• Synopsis of project: Should be a quick film shoot as there is just one actor, one indoor location (controlled weather, temperature, audio), so film it quick as possible and get it in the can. Some green screening for the last scene/shot but other wise easy filming. Will require a VFX artist to superimpose video of cell phone texting and character disintegration, and will require a voice actress for voiceover of the protagonist’s friend.
JORDAN, 18-20s. Attractive, slim/athletic build. We feel for her vulnerability when she is home alone during a storm, and while an escaped killer is on the loose from the nearby state prison.
EMMA. 18-20s. Jordan’s friend. The role of Emma is a voiceover so this can be handled using a Fiverr voiceover actress or a friend of the main character or someone local.
Information Needed for Initial Casting Application: (you can simply email the info listed below in an informal email or use the Contact page on this site) NAME:
WHY DO YOU WANT TO ACT IN THIS SHORT FILM? PLEASE INCLUDE/ATTACH A RECENT HEADSHOT PHOTO IMAGE OR A SELFIE PHOTO IMAGE. LEGAL AGE: IMDB.COM url (if you have one): ANY ACTING EXPERIENCE, OR CLASSES?: YOUR ACTOR/ACTRESS UNION STATUS: (NON-UNION? SAG-AFTRA? FI-CORE? OTHER UNION? )
EMAIL: CITY: HEIGHT:
This is the tentative type of clothing the main character JORDAN would be wearing for the story: