Click here to read the screenplay The Money Bag.
• Production Title: “The Money Bag”
• The Money Bag is an intense but very short (2 pages of screenplay, all action, no dialog) action thriller. Two young women who while hiking the forest trail come upon a satchel filled with money– and with a sinister note. Survival and greed come into play as they both fight for the money and their life. No dialog, only action, murder, regret, and learning that ‘what goes around comes around’.
• Budget: $1,000. 2-page very short screenplay. All one location indoors controlled lighting and audio. Any $ paid is for the project not per diem. Randall Oelerich Films retains ownership and final say on edits, post, ownership as Studio. TALENT Female Protagonists $125 each + experience + Imdb credit. DIRECTOR-CINEMATOGRAPHER $300 + experience + IMDb credit. SOUND $0 (use on camera mic and HD field audio recorder to capture ambient audio, there is no dialog this all an action screenplay). PRODUCERS $0 Randall Oelerich $0 Director/Filmmaker. PRODUCTION ASSISTANT $50 + experience. EDITOR $125, plus Producer / Director. COMPOSER $0 + experience, Imdb credit; Randall Oelerich will compose music for the film. WATER+SNACKS $25. STORYBOARDING $100. BOX LUNCHES SUBWAY $50. ENTRY FEES FILMFREEWAY $50. MISC $100.
• Synopsis of project: This is a short film about a two young women hiking who come upon a satchel of money– with a sinister note. Survival and greed come into play as they both fight for their lives. A single location– the woods, and with a nearby pond/river. There is NO DIALOG thus no lines of dialog need be memorized nor spoken for this short film.
• Union / Non-Union Status: Non-Union
• Production Type: Short Film
• Project Length: 2 pages of screenplay
• Project Format: Digital DSLR 4k @24fps shoot, edit+render to 2k (blu ray) @24fps
• Posted Date: 14-February-2019
• Production Location: Randall Oelerich, 4215 London Rd, Duluth MN 55804
• Production Companies: Randall Oelerich Films / BorealPictures.com
• Company website: BorealPictures.com
• Director: Randall Oelerich (this could change if I find a better available director)
• Producer: Randall Oelerich
• Casting Director: Randall Oelerich
• Audition Location: (A public location yet to be determined, informal given this is a short short film)
• Shooting Location: Hartley Nature Center / Lester Park woods/stream / Chester Park
• Email: See Contact Page
• Actor Compensation: $125 for each female actor, $0 for male actor (brief appearance at end of film). Normally actors work for free on short films for experience, but I am willing to pay for this role as it will require commitment to pulling off believable violence during the murder scene– not a laughable matter – it really needs it to look real, it needs to look gritty, and the murder scene will require both main roles (Brit and Laura) to get primal, to get wet and muddy in a location pond/lake/river. Commitment. That means wet and muddy clothes, wet and muddy hair, mud on your face, skin – so if you are willing to do that then this could be a win+win and a good dramatic role to add to your demo reel. There will bring a model changing tent and towels to change into dry clothes, perhaps twice, during filming, so actors can have dry clothes when done with the wet murder scene.
• Dates and Times of Film Auditions: To be determined.
• Dates and Times of Callbacks: TBD (I will usually let you know within a week if you are in the running or if I am passing because you are not right for the part; I need to finalize casting by mid May 2019).
• Synopsis of project: The two female hikers come across a bag of money and a note, and when greed gets the best of one of them, violence and murder ensues as LAURA pummels BRIT with a rock and then drowns her so as to have the money and avoid being killed herself. Laura, regretting the heinous act of murder she just committed, stumbles back to the satchel of money only to see another hiker has found the money, and the note, and now looks at Laura with murderous intent. This is a little bit derivative, but the intent is practice for all- actors, camera work, audio capture (action and environment, there is no dialog), editing, color grading, soundtrack composition, titles, end credits.
BRIT and LAURA are both characters in the age range 18 to late 20s, outdoor hikers so both are athletic/slim build. They should have different hair styles/colors (natural or through hair coloring) to stand out as separate characters during filming.
Information Needed for Initial Casting Application: (you can simply email the info listed below in an informal email or use the Contact page on this site)
WHY DO YOU WANT TO ACT IN THIS SHORT FILM?
PLEASE INCLUDE/ATTACH A RECENT HEADSHOT PHOTO IMAGE OR A SELFIE PHOTO IMAGE.
IMDB.COM url (if you have one):
ANY ACTING EXPERIENCE, OR CLASSES?:
YOUR ACTOR/ACTRESS UNION STATUS: (NON-UNION? SAG-AFTRA? FI-CORE? OTHER UNION? )